Index du Forum

Reconstitution historique Airsoft de la Guerre du Vietnam.

FAQFAQ   RechercherRechercher   MembresMembres   GroupesGroupes   S’enregistrerS’enregistrer 
 ProfilProfil   Se connecter pour vérifier ses messages privésSe connecter pour vérifier ses messages privés   ConnexionConnexion 

Conseils pour le reenactment

Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet     Index du Forum -> Discussion et histoire de la guerre du Vietnam -> Générale
Sujet précédent :: Sujet suivant  
Auteur Message
Sergent MadGuy

Masculin Scorpion (23oct-21nov) 羊 Chèvre

MessagePosté le: Mer 6 Jan - 15:54 (2016)    Sujet du message: Conseils pour le reenactment Répondre en citant

"Ghost Writer" :

I have preached for years about the clothing situation in regards to how we got stuff in the field. Again, I will say, less is best!
No one cares about patches etc.

You're hot your filthy you're miserable you're exhausted you probably have dysentery you're surrounded by nothing
but filth you have 50-70 pounds on your back. I wait 120 pounds. And you had very little sleep. Not counting
all the little things out there that's trying to kill you. All your food's going to be out of the can.

Probably cold, in this case 90° plus. It's raining, you're always wet, mosquitoes are chewing on you.
The elephant grass will cut your uniforms and your skin, your hands are always beat up. Plus the leeches.
And your water taste like crap because of the tablets.

Imagine camping for two weeks, you don't change your clothes, sweat the dirt the smoke from campfires,
the stuff on your hands you will usually wipes on your pant legs because that's what we do. We don't have napkins,
and just the day today camping activities will show you the dirt and wear and tear on your clothing.

"Sean" :

Less is more. The guys carried the bare minimum and nothing else.
Were supplied once a week with food, and if I remember once every two weeks (or every week) with clothes.
The soldiers wore whatever they got ... were even 1st and second pattern jackets and trousers in the mix.
... the clothes until they were black with sweat, grime, oil, and rifle grease. Sometime they didn't have your size, so you better
be the first one at the laundry bag!

"Ghost Writer" :

All so true! You forgot the elephant grass, food from chow, I used my pants as a wipe for my hands, a guy thing...haha, the filth of muck,
and any thing from transporting any wounded. Not to mention any other crap on you.

I was a small regular or long, looked like skinny kid, oh yea, I was! Haha
Yes, only the absolute minimum in gear! Weight was a killer, hence if you don't need it, lose it!!!

...plus à suivre

-MACV SOG / CCS 5th SF
-LRRP
-5th Marine Div / 26th Infantry
-25th Infantry Div / Tropic Lightning

Publicité

MessagePosté le: Mer 6 Jan - 15:54 (2016)    Sujet du message: Publicité

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet     Index du Forum -> Discussion et histoire de la guerre du Vietnam -> Générale Toutes les heures sont au format GMT - 5 Heures
Page 1 sur 1

Sauter vers:  

Index | créer un forum gratuit | Forum gratuit d’entraide | Annuaire des forums gratuits | Signaler une violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation